The Vac-Valve Air Relief Valve that will help stop any damage being done to your motor that may be caused by clogs and blockage in your vacuum lines.
In the instance that a clog or blockage occurs the valve will spring open allowing a constant flow of air to the motor preventing any damage such as burning the motor out and possibly causing a fire. This helps in preventing serious damage or fire loss to your central vacuum and your home.
- You will need to purchase a 90 Degree Sweep “T” fitting, see our part #NST110 and connect it to the intake side of your vacuum system. See the additional image.
- Has adjustable settings for various motor sizes and power.
- Can be mounted horizontally or vertically.
- Please place the Air Relief Valve as close to the vacuum canister as possible for the best results.
- Color shipped may vary.
1. The Vac-Valve should be installed into a 90 Degree Sweep “T” connection prior to where the pipe enters the central vacuum unit. The valve can sit either horizontally or vertically, as it’s position does not affect it’s operational performance. Be sure the Vac-Valve is mounted securely regardless of it’s position.
2. The Vac-Valve must be set for the size of motor in order for it to provide the proper protection. To set the Vac-Valve just tighten the adjuster nut to compress the spring to the point where the valve will not open when the air flow is cut off 100%.
3. Once you have reached the point where the Vac-Valve will not open turn the adjuster nut back one (1) complete turn (360 degrees). This setting will usually allow the Vac-Valve to open and provide cooling air into the system if a blockage occurs. Sometimes a turn of 360 degrees may not be sufficient to open the Vac-Valve and allow cooling air to properly enter. Just make minor adjustments moving the nut up and down until you reach the point where the Vac-Valve opens when the air flow is cut off 100%.
4. The Vac-Valve should remain closed if the central vacuum system is operating normally. The Vac-Valve should ONLY open when there is insufficient air flow to the central vacuum unit.
5. The Vac-Valve is equipped with a lock nut which should set against the adjuster nut. This will ensure that the Vac-Valve tension setting remains constant. The Vac-Valve Air Relief Valve will provide many years of trouble free operation.
There are no reviews yet.