The new DYSON AirBlade WASH+DRY is the 2nd generation of an electric hand dryer that combines a water faucet into its design. With 3 different configurations to choose from, the elegance and style of the AirBlade WASH+DRY will shine thru in any environment.
Made of laser-welded brushed stainless steel, the AirBlade WASH+DRY is ready to deliver either water or air touch-free using intelligent infrared sensors to pinpoint hand position and location with a beam of light. Computer circuitry then analyzes this information and begins the appropriate response of either the water valve activated to gently disperse aerated water or the Dyson V4 digital motor powers on air without hesitation across the user’s hands. There are no handles to turn or buttons to push. The entire operation is entirely touch-free.
To start, the design of the Dyson AirBlade WASH+DRY, in Dry mode, sends two thin sheets of air traveling at 331 mph exit the 0.8 mm wide laser-cut slots on both arms of the tap and water is scraped from each hand separately and simultaneously in just 14 seconds! No other hand dryer has this patented energy-efficient AirBlade technology. The faster dry time means less electricity is used. And since no heating element is required, the AirBlade consumes considerably less energy than warm air hand dryers that work on the concept of evaporation.
Neatly concealed under the counter lies the heart of the AirBlade WASH+DRY which is the extremely powerful yet compact Dyson V4 Digital Motor. Designed for easy, quick disconnect for servicing, the V4 Motor is the exact same motor found in the full-sized DYSON AirBlade hand dryers and provides that same drying performance and energy efficiency as the others, but in an over-the-sink configuration that saves valuable wall and floor space and also keeps the floor dryer, safer, and more hygienic.
The AirBlade motor is powerful enough to draw all of its air through a dense HEPA filter prior to ever touching the users hands – removing 99.97% of all bacteria from that air. (Estimated filter life is over 300,000 cycles.) The air this unit returns to the washroom is actually cleaner than the air it draws in. The AirBlade WASH+DRY has a motor mounted on springs to reduce vibration and keep noise to a minimum (80 to 81dB).
Each unit comes with a 5 year parts warranty and a 5 year limited labor warranty. Mounting instructions and warranty information are included. While compatible with most sink types, the WASH+DRY should not be installed with sinks that do not meet these minimum dimension: 15 inches wide, 13 inches front to back, and 8 inches deep. Sinks with highly polished, reflective surfaces, such as bright chrome, are not recommended due to the interference with the infrared sensors.
- Available in three different spigot configurations, WD05 Tall Stem, WD04 Short Stem, and WD06 Wall Mount
- Available in 2 different voltage options – Low Voltage (110V/120V) and High Voltage (208V-240V)
- Fast drying times (14 seconds) with a 331 mph max airspeed.
- HEPA filter captures 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns or larger
- WASH+DRY is space saving with both water faucet and hand dryer at the sink
- Automatically switches between water and air; No need to touch dirty faucet handles or buttons
- Stainless Steel (brushed finish) naturally inhibits the growth of bacteria, mold and fungus that can cause stains, odors or deterioration
- With no heating element, the WASH+DRY is extremely energy efficient
- Residual water collected in the sink and prevents wet floor hazards
- Controlled Water Rate with automatic system flush every 24 hrs. after last use.
- Sound Level of 80db – QUIET MARK Certified
- Durable and vandal resistant
- IP35 ingress protection against water
- V4 Brushless DC motor with digital pulse technology (81,000 rpm)
- ETL Listed (in accordance with UL507), GreenSpec Listed, HACCP Certified, NSF Certified, ADA Compliant, and LEED Credit Eligible for Optimized Energy Performance and for Sustainable Purchasing and Solid Waste Management
- 5-Year Parts Warranty and 5-Year Limited Labor Warranty
Dimensions and Electrical Specifications:
- Tall Stem Mount: 12-3/16 inches High x 11-15/16 inches Wide x 11 ¼ inches Deep / Short Stem Mount 6-1/4 inches High x 11-15/16 inches Wide x 11 ¼ inches Deep / Wall Spigot Mount (In Front of Wall and Above Counter/Sink): 12-1/4 inches Length x 11-15/16 inches Wide
- All models Motor Bucket (Below the Counter): 10-7/16 inches High (plus 14 5/8 inches Flexible Conduit) x 5-9/16 inches Wide x 7-7/16 inches Deep
- 100/120 Volts; 9.56 Amps @ 110V; 50/60 Hz, 1000 Watts
- 200-240 Volts, 4.54 Amps @ 220V; 50/60 Hz, 1000 Watts
PLEASE NOTE: neither voltage is recommend for installation at elevations over 11,482 feet (3,500 meters) above sea level.
PLEASE NOTE: WD05 is not ADA compliant