The Koala Kare Countertop Surface/Recessed Mounted Polyethylene Diaper Changing Station is ideal for rooms where counter space is more abundant than wall space. The Koala Kare Countertop Surface/Recessed Mounted Polyethylene Diaper Changing Station is made of thermoformed, high-density polyethylene and Grey Granite in color. It is easy to clean and resistant to odors and both fungal and bacteria growth. In addition, the surface mount version has two built-in dispensers for sanitary liners located just in front of the changing surface (liners not included).
The Surface Mount version is designed to be surface mounted on to an existing counter top and offers a perfect solution when wall space is unavailable. No cutting into the counter surface is required. The unit is secured to the counter top using the six supplied screws through the six pre-drilled holes in the laybed. A bead of silicone caulk (not supplied) is recommended around the perimeter of the station.
The Recessed Mount version is designed to be recess mounted into an existing countertop with a rough opening to be cut into the counter surface using the rough opening template supplied with the station. Requires a minimum depth of 3 inch clearance from the counter surface and an under counter support of 2 inch x 4 inch lumber (not supplied) will need to be constructed 3″ inches below the mounting surface. The unit is then secured to the counter top using the eight supplied screws through the eight pre-drilled holes in the laybed. A bead of silicone caulk (not supplied) is recommended around the perimeter of the station.
The contoured changing surface area is 379 sq. in. (2445 sq. cm) and comes complete with nylon safety straps. The changer’s outer dimensions are as follows:
- Surface Mount: 36.5 inches Wide x 22 5/8 inches Height x 3.25 inches Depth (or height from counter top).
- Recessed Mount: 32 inches L x 19 5/8 inches W x 3.5 inches D (only ½ inches reveal above countertop).
- High density polyethylene is easy to clean & is resistant to odor bacterial growth.
- Built to meet or exceed the stringent standards set by public and private regulatory agencies.
- Includes nylon child protection straps (replaceable).
- Concave changing area is smooth with no sharp corners.
- Contoured changing surface area is 379 sq. in (2445 sq. cm).
- Easy to install using basic tools.
- Meets ASTM safety standards, plus ANSI & ADA requirements when properly installed.
- Backed by Manufacturer’s Five-Year Limited Warranty on Materials and Workmanship.
- Made in the USA.