ITEM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE
For rooms up to 365 square feet where Indoor Environmental Quality is an issue this is an ideal system to consider. The Blueair 403 HEPASilent uses ultra quiet hybrid HEPA and electronic technology to keep the air clean at a low noise level. Most air cleaners that use HEPA must use very small hole filters to achieve HEPA levels of environmental quality. The small holes mean that the fan must work really hard to push the airflow though the filter. This work translates to noise and higher electricity bills.
The Blueair 403 HEPASilent Air Purifier has larger holes in the Blueair HEPA filter to reduce the constriction thus improving flow and reducing noise. What they add to the product to reach the same levels of quality is electronic brushes. These brushes are positioned just before the HEPA filter and charge particles in the airflow. This causes the particles to be electrically attracted to the HEPA filter where they “stick” as they go past. The result is higher flow, lower energy costs and reduced noise levels in the 403. There are five air exchanges per hour with this air purifier.
These Blueair air purifiers are not only compact and efficient but they are also attractively styled. These units are terrific for small rooms like the laundry, baby’s changing area, the kitchen, and small bed rooms.
- 3-Stage HEPASilent Filters: 3-Stage HEPASilent particle filter of polypropylene. Good for general indoor air pollution control including pollen grains, house dust mites, mold spores, pet dander and more.
- Change Filter Indicator: Lets you know when it is time to change the filter, no more guessing!
- 3 Fan speeds: 1) HEPASilent for nighttime use, 2) Moderate fan speed for daytime use, 3) Maximum fan speed for fast cleaning or very polluted air.
- Built in Carry Handles: The Blueair 403 HEPASilent Air Purifier unit is light enough that it can be easily moved from room to room with the built in carry handles.
- Easy Maintenance: When you need to change the filters, simply open the side, slide out the used filters and drop in the replacements. No screws, hooks or special tools are needed. Energy Star Qualified: Blueair Air Purifiers are very energy efficient using only 30 watts on low, and 70 watts of power on high speed. This saves you money!
- Excellent Particulate Filtration: patented HEPASilent filtration technology combines the best of both mechanical and electrostatic technology with ionic filtration technology and is effective at capturing 99.97% of the tiniest 0.1 micron particles on low speed.
- Extremely Quiet Operation: Blueair’s low-density filters clean larger volumes of air more quietly than any other unit in the industry.
- Filters Resist Contamination: Blueair filters naturally resist contamination from bacteria, viruses and mold, without chemical additives or weekly washes. They are made of polypropylene, which is a waterproof material.
- Durable Steel Construction: All of the external parts are made of galvanized steel and have been powder coated for durability and environmental protection that produces no chemical secretion. The air purifier housing is easy to wipe clean, and won’t pick up grime and oily stains the way plastic can.
- Environmentally Safe Filter: Blueair replaces standard triclosan-coated paper or glass filter fibers, which can harm the environment when released into the waste stream, with safer, nontoxic polypropylene. This revolutionary filter media is one of the least harmful plastics, producing only carbon dioxide and water as it decomposes. Used filters are 100% recyclable and do not release toxins into landfills or the air thus keeping our environment safe.
How it works:
The Blueair 403 HEPASilent Air Purifier intake air through the back of the unit. The air is passed through the pre-filter where large particles are trapped, then through the electrostatic HEPA-type filter where the small particles are trapped, and then through the ionization chamber where the air mixes with negative ions. Negative ions are then released with the clean air through the top of the unit. The ions collide with the particles in the room air and the particles become charged. Then when the air cycles back through the unit, the charged particles cling to the electrostatic filter media. The combined filtration technologies allow the Blueair Air Purifiers to achieve 99.97% filtration efficiency. See additional image.
- Measures 27″H x 24″W x 14.5″D.
- Designed for rooms up to 365 square feet.
- Fan Speeds: 3 settings.
- Air flow rate: low speed rated at 75 CFM, medium speed rated at 153 CFM, and high speed rated at 260 CFM.
- Quiet Operation Noise Level: Noise level from 27 decibels on low setting to 51 decibels on high setting.
- Controls: manual dial adjustment.
- Included Filter: 1 3-Stage HEPASilent particle filter of polypropylene.
- Power consumption: 30 to 70 watts.
- Recommended for: general indoor air pollution control including pollen grains, house dust mites, mold spores, and pet dander in a small rooms or offices.
- Color: White or Silver
Manufacturer’s Limited Warranty:
Blueair warrants that your Blueair Air Purifier will be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of ten (10) years from the date of purchase provided that you have completed and returned your warranty registration to Blueair, and that the filters are replaced with original Blueair replacement filters at least once every six (6) months (the Limited Warranty).